Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Stripes Colour: 55614. Needles: 5xbamboo Takumi dpns 3.25mm
This started out as a sock, but I made a mistake with the heel and put it aside for a few days. That sock had been conceived as my auto-pilot, thinking -about-other-things project, and I was mightily annoyed at it for demanding more attention that I was prepared to give it (especially as it was my second attempt, my first one having been too small. I really need to use patterns more!). It was in danger of being left on the naughty step for ever.
Then G’s other mittens’ cuffs got all stretched out after an outing in the snow, and I decided, hey, the snoozing sock could easily become a mitten. So it has.
[This bit serves as pattern notes to myself, so that I can make the second one the same size — something I’m incredibly skilled at not doing!]
Turns out I cast on 45 stitches, not 44, so I did a 2×1 rib for 20 rows.rounds then switched to stocking stitch for another 20.
Then, just for fun, I started adding 2 purl stitches at the start and middle of the round. Did that for six rows, then continued it while I decreased every other row to 12 (13 stitches) then grafted the top.
[end pattern notes to myself]
It’s turning out nicely. Hope it fits him. Maybe I’ll finish up the thumb and try it on him when he comes home from school instead of starting the second one immediately then cursing my ‘bad luck’ when neither fits him.
(Hooray! She can be taught!)
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
-Seneca (5 BC-65AD)