I’ve finally made my cardigan wearable!

I made this cardigan from the Rebecca magazine, and ‘finished’ it over a year ago. But I didn’t add the ruffle and I was never happy with how wide it was at the neck. Also, I always meant to go back and add a lace edging to the sleeves but never got around to it. As a result I had a 3/4 length-sleeved cardigan that looked like it didn’t quite fit me around the bust either. It looked like I was wearing my skinny niece’s cardi.

So I went back last week and started adding a band to the front edge. I cast on 11 stitches and joined the end one to the existing edge. (I’m sure there’s a term for that. You do it with applied i-cords and lace edgings and stuff).

I knitted it from the bottom hem, up one front, across the back and down the other side, and now my cardi looks like it fits me. Woo-hoo!
Lace edging

I used the Eyelet Lattice Insertion The Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets: 250 Stitches to Knit (p.191) from Interweave Press.

Now I’m happy. I may or may not add a lace edging to the sleeves. For now I’m goign to wear the cardi and feel smug.

4 thoughts on “Reworking!

  1. Fiona

    You don’t have a skinny niece! :-)
    I like that very much – nice horizontal band at the high-waist point. Good colours too!

  2. jwordsmith

    Thank you.

    It was finishing your ‘not-quite-never-ending aran’ that gave me the confidence to try this.

    You might have seen it in person last Nov., but without the new bit.

  3. Fiona

    You *should* feel smug. But if you ever do feel like embellishing the sleeves, that would look great too!

    I love my aran; you can do me another one in your own choice of fibre any time you like, you know!

Comments are closed.