deltacat79’s photo on Instagram
Let’s start StoryADay May off right!
Link: #storyadaymay on tumblr
- I am writing a story a day in May. OH YES.
- Most will wind up being flash and a few may end up longer. I have other writing to do this month so these will be palate cleansers for me.
- I am putting them on tumblr instead of my regular blog YAY TUMBLR.
- I have plenty of prompts to choose from but if you put one in my ask I might just write it so try me.
- Play along with me and try your hand at some stories this month. You can sign up for prompts and join the fun at the storyaday site or here on tumblr if you tag your stories. I genuinely want to read them so please TAG AWAY.
This is my third time taking on a month of stories (once I even succeeded) and I would not keep doing it if I didn’t think it was fun. Also, I have had some full-length stories grow out of the sparks I create during May so it’s worth it for me.
Link: Be Friends with Failure
I SOOOOO agree with this concept. This is what StoryADay is ALL about: giving yourself the time and safe space to fail over and over again (just really quickly).
Write a heist story, starting it as late/close to the action as you possibly can without breaking it.
The NYTimes posted scans of the annotated pages. Fascinating.